Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Position: IT Engineer Coordinator
Reports to: Engineering Manager
The IT Engineer Coordinator will report to the Engineering Manager and will carry out duties and functions in the capacity as assigned by the Manager. It is expected that this will include maintaining the company’s database and being accountable for supporting the planning, design, modification, and optimization of any computer application for manufacturing or information technology purposes. The ideal candidate shall support the manufacturing team in meeting all quality requirements efficiently while achieving production targets in the most cost effective and safest way.
· Develop applications to assist in the operation of the company’s core functionalities such as sales, logistics, production and procurement
· Support and optimize the use of current applications within the company
· Develop, optimize and support level 2 automation applications as they apply to the manufacturing line
· Maintain the company’s database, knowledge base system and ERP system
· Maintain the company’s website
· Able to assess problems within the manufacturing line and provide solutions to optimize equipment uptime in a fast-paced environment
· Achieve quality and production requirements in a safe and cost-effective manner
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
· At least 2 – 5 years of application development and/or information technology experience preferably within a high-growth, global, entrepreneurial environment
· Experience writing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures, relating to application use, for manufacturing environments in a North American business environment
· Experience with Microsoft SQL and Dynamics NAV preferred
· Experience with various programming languages and toolkits such as Visual Studio (C#, C++, VB.Net, VBA)
· Ability to analyze, organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects at same time.
· Proven ability to identify existing opportunities, foresee upcoming challenges and effectively react
· Experience with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
· Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate clearly, succinctly and effectively with all departments
· Open Mind, Team Work, Communication, Proactive.
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and available to travel to the US. Applicants who do not fit these criteria will not be considered.
Competitive compensation and benefits will be given to those based on qualifications and experience.
Heliene is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.